Otjiwa Safari Lodge offers five modern 2-bed chalets, reflecting indigenous African style with amazing panoramic views.
All rooms are privately situated with a beautiful view, en-suite bathroom, mini-bar and air-conditioning.
Personal care and excellent home-style cuisine will make you feel instantly at home when breakfast and dinner is served in our dining room.
A cosy lounge and bar, next to our romantic swimming pool, overlooking the savannah bushveld & Omboroko Mountains will add to your relaxation and indulgence.
Rates and Services
• Years experience of bodies / hunting associations? 25 years
• Languages spoken & able to converse with clients in? English, Afrikaans, German
• Is there a skinning shed or skinning facility? Yes
• How long has your skinner been with your outfit? 10 years
• Is there a trophy tagging system in place - explain:? Yes, non-tear able tags
When is the hunting season?
What game is available to hunt?
More than 49 different species of game offered: Bushbuck, Damara Dik-Dik, Duiker, Eland, Oryx, Giraffe, Hartebeest, Impala, Klipspringer, Kudu, Lechwe, Nyala, Roan, Sable, Jackal, Springbok, Steenbok, Tessebee, Waterbuck, Warthog, Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Burchell Zebra and Hartmann Zebra. Dangerous Game: Elephant & Buffalo will be hunted in the Caprivi concession areas while Leopard and Rhino on private Namibian land. Lion hunting will be in South Africa.
What rifle should I bring ?
A)Shooting is done on average between 100 to 250 yards. Shooting conditions vary from thick bush to partially open Savannah and granite mountain slopes. Some of the species are tough, and a bad placed shot with a light caliber rifle will result in a time consuming follow up or an animal lost to die a long suffering death. For the big 5 any rifle bigger than 375 calibre will be fine. Firearms Smallest caibre 7mm Minimum energy (Eo-muzzle velocity): 1350 Joule for springbok, duiker ect. 2700 Joule for hartebeest, wildebeest, kudu, gemsbuck,eland etc. 5400 Joule for buffalo, elephant, rhino etc. No solid point cartridge is allowed to be used antelope or any other species. Handguns, Automatic and Semi-automatic weapons are Prohibited in Namibia.
- Open on Sundays and Public holidays
- Environmental friendly
- Vegetarians are welcome (kindly advise in advance)
- Credit cards are welcome (no American Express)
- A Landing Strip
- Co-ordinates of our Landing strip are [South 20°44’676 and East 016°48’013]
- Namib Sun Hunting Safaris List of Inclusions & Exclusions please download here
On our vehicles
- Toilet facility
- First Aid
- Other required safety equipment
What to bring:
- Warm clothes, comfortable shoes
- Camera, sunglasses, sun block
- Your adventurous spirit and love for nature
What are the Rifle Import Requirements ?
Download Temporary Import Permit application form